Danny Zuko hair

posted on: Saturday, March 2, 2013



This whole postpartum body issue ordeal is getting a bit ridiculous. My body has started to revolt in such an unruly manner that I contemplated asking for a new one. If it were possible and all... Anyway, my hair has taken on this Danny Zuko-esque physique. The moment I get out of the shower this frizzy bomb starts to ooze with some nasty-@$$ greasiness (appealing, right?). To make matters worse my face has gone from combination//oily to sand paper dry. No moisturizer in the world is helping this face. I won't blame it all on the baby blues, but that certainly hasn't helped.

I recently read a series of blog posts about the "no poo" method for hair. Basically it all boils down to using a  baking soda/water combination as a cleanser and apple cider vinegar as a conditioner--that's it. As most of the posts suggested my hair would turn straw-like for a few weeks, hence the hairy flurry above. Over the next month or so my hair should hopefully stabilize itself and I will be back to normal again (but healthier). So far I've been pleasantly surprised, the grease is gone and my scalp feels like it can breathe. It's totally a weird choice of words to use but it actually feels like my follicles are more alive. Here's to the hope of shiny healthy hair again. I'll make sure to report back in a few weeks on the outcome. John isn't optimistic, but seriously, what do I have to lose?

My face on the other hand still needs some tender lovin' care. Any suggestions on great moisturizers?

6 comments:

  1. I've been researching the oil (cleansing) method. Pregnancy wreaked havoc on my skin (almost 5 yrs later) is dry, dry, dry - like peeling, flaky dry (I had oily skin). I've got the oil in the house and am trying to break out the courage to use it!

    In short, one uses EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in combination with an astringent oil for cleansing; the EVOO moisturizes the skin. If you Google is, there is a plethora of resources and websites touting it's awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does your hair get greasy using evoo? I am open to any suggestions ;)

      Delete
  2. Have you tried R+F? We have some great ones! Let me know...I've got the hookup;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they have a product that would specifically target my dry face?

      Delete
  3. Have you tried cocunut oil? I know it works really awesome on sunburns. I know I've seen a few 'pins' around about coconut oil too. Those might hold some more info for you!

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger