Minted Lime Cream Soda

posted on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013


I love myself a good party throwing shindig. However, since I don't drink I've had to become creative in my non-alcoholic beverage selection. For the longest time I went with the typical 7-UP//pineapple juice//fruit juice concoction, which often seemed juvenile. I've tried to avoid sparkling cider because it's laughable at best--it's one of those drinks that should only be presented during Auld Lang Syne (in my humble opinion).

So I usually settle with one of my all-time favorites that still seems to resonate a sophisticated flare--the minted lime cream soda. Light and refreshing with the slightest hint of lime and mint which makes this drink a crowd pleasing favorite. No recipe is really required. Just a few mint leaves and some fresh-squeezed lime juice, topped off with a fancy straw will make even the hard liquor fanatics beg for more. Enjoy!

Can you tell I am itching for Spring weather?!

5 comments:

  1. I rarely drink - I always feel like a 10 year old when I ask for a Kitty Cocktail which I always make sure to call a Shirley Temple ;) I will have to try this next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I always ask for a dolphin on the rocks just to be obnoxious ;)

      Delete
  2. Well regardless of alcohol content, that looks like a nice refreshing drink that should be enjoyed on the patio in the sunshine! Cheers from the frozen tundra of NE MT :)
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would find way to "liven" it up ;) ps. We're still frozen too, sad day.

      Delete
  3. yummm!!
    sending thoughts of warm weather from sunny Texas! :)
    hope you get some springtime soon!
    happy easter :)

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger